Blackline Safety is looking for a Technical Support Supervisor – Tier 2 & 3 to join our team. This role is responsible for providing senior level technical analysis, problem resolution and ensuring our rental fleet of products is serviced and ready to deploy. We have a world class connected safety system and we are growing a technical support team to match.
- People management and coaching for excellence, 8-10 senior technical support and rental fleet technicians.
- Monitor work schedules to ensure they meet technical support demands both locally and internationally, recommending support solutions for a global market
- Meets problem resolution service levels for our internal and external customers
- Provide support for escalated hardware, software and network related issues
- Conducts incident reviews for technical situations and prepares formal incident reports
- Leverage analytics data to continually identify opportunities to improve our products and services
- Develops relevant data reporting to provide a clear picture of new or ongoing technical problems
- Supports a proactive problem awareness environment with a focus on quality resolutions
- Forges relationships with key departments to create synergy and an information flow regarding problems and product changes
- Collaborates with the leadership for Tier 1 support, Quality Management, Integration testing, Engineering and Software Development for solutions to common issues
- Identifies root cause problems and communicates those to the appropriate teams for resolution
- Ensures our rental fleet inventory is tested and ready for deployment
- Identifies training opportunities for agents to better support early problem detection and fast resolution for our customers
- Identifies customer knowledge gaps to contribute to improved customer implementation efforts
- Coordinate’s customer communication or site visits when needed and travels to customer sites as appropriate; provides customer facing reports and site findings reports
- Provide priority justification for improvement projects (Cost, Customer Impact – Risk assessments)
- Provide reports regarding failures and RMA analysis as needed.
- Continually reviews and revises business processes to ensure efficiency and effectiveness.
What We're Looking For
- 10 years experience in a technical support or technical service role
- 5 years people management experience in a technical capacity
- Demonstrated project management aptitude
- Degree or diploma from a recognized technical institution
- Relevant industry experience
- Understanding of testing protocols and development of test plans
- Able to effectively communicate technical issues to users of various backgrounds using appropriate language for the audience; written and verbal
- A driven and focused approach to seek out the root cause of technical problems and obtain solutions
- Technical/Service/Field Work: 10 years (Required)
- Instrumentation or Electronics experience (Required)
- Quality Engineering: 5 years (Preferred)
- Gas Detection knowledge and experience (Preferred)
- NetSuite/ERP Systems: 2 years (Preferred)
- Technical Help Desk: 5 years (Preferred)
- Demonstrated problem analysis using data analytics tools (i.e., Power BI)
- Applied use of KPI’s and metrics
- You value and understand new and evolving technologies
- Ability to create a positive and meaningful work environment for your team
- A professional and open demeanor
- Genuine interest and concern for the safety of our customers and your staff
- A team player who offers solutions and ideas to continually improve processes and the business
- Proactive in your approach to advancing
- You can be firm in your delivery of company policies while being empathetic to customer needs
- An entrepreneurial spirit, self-starter, and comfortable in a highly collaborative, fast, and growing environment
- You want to be part of a growing company and are committed to supporting the vision and values of Blackline Safety
- Must be able to travel internationally per all regulations & requirements
Who Are You?
You believe in a customer focused company and want to help build a team that provides world class technical support. Using your ‘Whatever it takes’ approach, you lead your team to resolve customer concerns proactively and efficiently. Innovation is part of your DNA and drives you to find solutions to everyday challenges. You believe in high quality and results and demonstrate a ferocious curiosity for technology. You are resilient and don’t shy away from new or changing priorities. Your technical aptitude and logical approach set an example to resolve and eliminate problems. You demonstrate leadership with your positive attitude and desire to deliver exceptional quality products and services for Blackline Safety.