Blackline Safety is looking for a design leader to help shape Blackline’s visual brand identity. The Art Director will provide vision for all design work from a visual style perspective. You’ll create and manage designs ensuring all marketing outputs are on strategy. This includes creative development working alongside copywriters, marketing strategists, video editors, and any internal and external partners as required. You’ll help lead creative strategy and thinking, translating marketing objectives into creative strategies and high caliber content.
Through collaboration and leadership, you will participate in conceptualizing ideas and planning of recommended creative solutions in a variety of mediums as part of an overall brand communication strategy.
- Determine fresh solutions on how to best represent a concept visually, and influence other designers, videographers, photographers, marketers, and artists who produce content on behalf of the Blackline Safety brand to deliver work that is on brand and on strategy.
- Partner with Director, Marketing to set the design direction ensuring that all marketing content adheres to the brand identity. Ensuring quality assurance on all creative deliverables from a visual style perspective.
- Designing and developing consistent on-brand content for digital and print.
- Meet with stakeholders, advise on strategies to reach audiences, and convey messages.
- Develop graphics, design elements, and treatments that convey compelling messages designed to convert and drive action
- Participate as a 'big idea generator' providing expertise in graphic treatments required to support campaign objectives
- Work closely with marketing strategists, agencies on emerging brand strategies and visual communications
- Be a central source for questions related to visual direction for the brand.
- Lead concepting, designing, and execution of visual materials for integrated cross-channel initiates
- Other design duties as required
Skills, Qualifications, Education
- 10+ years’ experience in design, brand development and project management
- Degree or diploma with a specialization in graphic design
- Experience conceptualizing ideas and communicating to multiple parties, including internal team and external agencies
- Ability to manage multiple priorities in a high-growth, fast-paced environment with tight deadlines
- Strong conceptual and critical thinking skills
- Capacity to translate creative briefs and superior understanding of B2B marketing
- Excellent organizational skills and high attention to detail
- Practical business experience that allows for bigger picture view of individual projects and how they fit into communication efforts
- Bring a high level of consciousness and awareness to the job by providing creative solutions to projects, demonstrating an ability to effectively problem-solve and organize.
- Expert knowledge of current design programs. Print, web, UX, and motion design capabilities; must understand all types of media for integrated campaign development
- Able to give creative direction including video and photography
- Experience with HubSpot CMS platform a plus
- Full-time salaried position: compensation to match your experience and talent.
- Rapidly growing tech company expanding globally.
- Extended Health and Dental benefits, along with a wellness program.
- Employee Family Assistance Program.
- Educational Assistance Program.
- Patent Program
- Company stock purchase plan with matching RSP contributions.