Reporting to the Chief Technical Officer, the Director of Architecture is responsible for the overall software architectural strategy for Blackline products, leading a team of senior Architects, and working across the entire product tech stack from UX to App to Infrastructure to Data.
Please reference JOB ID: PSCADPDDIRA
About the Role
- Leading and developing architecture blueprints, and providing the roadmap for step change improvements at the solution, technical, methodological, and organizational levels
- Collaborate with other Software leaders to make continuous progress towards goals
- Guiding and advising the technology team(s) with the best practices to reduce the delivery times, integration and operational risks and ensure continuous reductions of technical debt
- Influencing the strategic decision making of the company by building collaborative relationships with stakeholders to understand the business, product and technology needs.
- Responsible for keeping all business and tech stakeholders aligned with the architectural directions at all times
- Partner with other leaders across company to align and address longer term architectural goals and priorities.
- 10+ years of experience in product software development
- 5+ years of experience as an Architect
- 2+ years of experience managing and leading a team
- Significant expertise with many of the following technologies: AWS, Python, Java, PHP, MySQL, Angular, Kafka, Redis
- Significant experience developing and architecting systems at Scale (example: billions of data points) operating 24x7, globally
- Bonus points for experience with Cellular & Satellite providers and their technologies
- Bonus points for experience working with Hardware/Firmware teams
- Bachelors or Master’s degree in Computer Science (or other relevant technical disciplines)