Reporting to the Chief Revenue Officer, the Director of Client Success plays a key role in driving Client goals, product utilization, business transformation, retention, and revenue expansion by ensuring the engagement, success, retention, and growth of our Clients. The Director of Client Success will need an action mindset, able to quickly scale for global growth, and to thrive in a bold, fast-moving, values-driven leadership team while enabling both client and company success. The successful candidate will have more than 7 years of sales leadership experience, an understanding of complex renewal agreements, strategic selling, and be exceptional in C-suite presentations to our clients. Working with a cross-functional team this position is accountable to retain customers and accelerate revenue growth within existing clients. Blackline Safety currently boasts over 99% client retention because of our leading offering and great customer support.
- Building, leading and mentoring the Client Success team by setting the strategy and prioritizing objectives and results; hiring, training, and developing a world-class team.
- Champion of team success and creating an innovative culture.
- Driving client value by serving our clients as they adopt our solutions.
- Strong client advocate and influencing Blackline’s product roadmap (working with product management and user experience teams) to serve our clients more effectively.
- Architecting client success and solutions to scale in support of revenue ambitions, including striking the right balance for the services and support offered to our broad range of client segments.
- Partnering with our global outside sales team to engage with leaders at prospective and existing client sites to define goals and leverage products and services to achieve them.
- Supporting development of case studies with leading clients to help educate the market on the applications and benefits of connected safety solutions.
- Accountable for on-time (quarterly) quoting and invoicing of existing clients as they are retained.
What We're Looking For
- A track record of developing a culture of service in the sales teams you have led.
- Experience building and managing large (30+ employees) client success and or professional services teams in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- A strong strategic vision for the client experience, professional services, and client support.
- A strong client advocate with the ability and willingness to engage directly with clients.
- A track record of developing and mentoring great talent and building and motivating high achieving teams.
- The skills to be a data-driven decision maker, with a willingness to experiment, but with agility.
- The ability to learn quickly, understand our products and services and how they can be applied to a variety of vertical markets.
- Proactive, solution-oriented track record providing creative solutions to serve client needs.
- Passion for safety, worker safety and the health of our current and future clients.
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- 7+ years of experience leading a high-performance client focused, solution oriented professional sales team.