Reporting to the Chief Technical Officer, the Director of Data Engineering will mentor and lead a growing data engineering team and will design and implement a modern, cloud-based data platform. This is a role made for a hands-on collaborator who is prepared to engage with teams across the business using state of the art technology.
The Director of Data Engineering is a creative problem solver with a tenacity to rapidly prototype solutions and can quickly scale for global growth. This role requires someone who has the vision to partner with product management and others to design and build scaled, low-latency data platforms to enable research, analytics, monitoring and reporting services.
Blackline Safety offers:
- An exciting high-growth environment.
- Supportive, challenging, and collaborative work.
- Competitive salary and vacation.
- Medical, dental and drug benefits.
- Company stock purchase plan with matching contributions.
- Employee Education Assistance Program
- Active Community investment through our ESG program
- Patent Program for employee innovation
What you will do:
- Collaborate with CTO, and Product Leadership to develop our Data roadmap
- Manage a team of data engineers
- Build a world-class Data Engineering team, by recruiting and hiring top technical talent
- Mentor Data Engineers to up-level their skillsets and capabilities
- Willing to dive into code, architecture, and designs as necessary to unblock team
- Instill a spirit of continuous improvement in the team’s code, architecture, and processes
- Support our Data Science, Analytics and Machine Learning teams, in addition to our externally facing product development teams.
- Evaluate and reimagine current Products, Platforms and Tools, including:
- Data collection, storage, analysis, visualization, and reporting
- Integrate third-party data and analytics
What We're Looking For
- 10+ years of data engineering experience
- Experience leading software or data engineering teams
- Expert in most of these technologies: Python, AWS, Snowflake, Redshift, and mySQL
- Track record of driving delivery and scaling improvements
- Experience working in a Linux environment
- Experience working with ETL processes and unstructured data
- Passion for technology and building a strong, motivated team of engineers