Blackline Safety (TSXV: BLN), headquartered in Calgary, Canada, is a global technology company that develops, manufactures, and markets products and services for worker safety monitoring. Blackline solutions deliver safety, security, and location awareness through innovative wireless hardware and custom user interfaces, including mobile, messaging, and web services. Blackline's vision is to become the leading supplier of wirelessly connected worker safety monitoring products in the world.
This position reports to Blackline Safety Europe, headquartered in Colchester, UK and is primarily field-based in Italy.
The role of Field Support Technician (FST) is to support all requests for field-based training, site support, connectivity and Beacon surveys, hardware installation etc. primarily across Italy, and other European countries if needed. The FST will support the Blackline Safety sales team, and distributor partners.
- Indoor location surveys. Liaising with clients to determine their location requirements. This will involve a consultation, full explanation of how our products and system utilise GPS and RF transmitters to build efficient location systems. Conducting full site surveys to determine the scale of the beacon install taking absolute minimum beacon quantities into consideration for sufficient coverage. Full report of beacon survey with analysis of site to present to client.
- GSM signal boosting surveys. Conducting full site surveys to determine GSM connectivity. Calculating where third-party GSM signal boosting equipment can be utilised to give solid coverage. Calculating equipment required (cables, splitters, GSM boosters, antennas, Galvanic isolators etc.) for install. Full report of equipment required and where it’s to be installed on site.
- Support European Sales Team with beacon surveys.
- Physical install of indoor location beacons and GSM signal boosting equipment.
- Remote technical trouble shooting and support following installation.
- Create and implement processes for efficient survey and customer presentation.
- Annual reviews of installations. Maintenance surveys for existing installations and conversations regarding system upgrades.
- Source and implement new third-party hardware solutions that will assist the customer experience of our system and increase sales growth.
- Feedback on customer requirements and personal onsite observations to improve product development.
- Create processes for Sales Team and Distribution to implement indoor location systems with a common approach.
- End user device and portal training sessions.
What We're Looking For
- You possess a technical capacity and are able to understand and discuss technical issues
- You have the ability to successfully multi-task and shift priorities in a dynamic working environment
- You are comfortable with technology including GPS, GSM and web applications
- Proven track record of being able to learn new technologies and processes quickly, and apply the knowledge gained to support customers effectively
- You perform in high-pressure situations
- Previous project management experience
- You demonstrate advanced verbal and written business communication skills that are clear, concise and professional
- You are computer literate including Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- You are organised, detail-oriented and have the ability to multi-task
- You are a team player who offers solutions and ideas to continually improve the business
- You are proactive in your approach to customer issues
- Proven ability to deliver training packages, via online/telephone/face to face/ to a variety of clients
- Problem-solving skills, with proven ability to resolve issues via a logical and structured process
- You are outgoing, courteous, ambitious and presentable with a professional demeanour
- You are able to communicate clearly and effectively with customers and co-workers
- You possess strong business acumen
- You have excellent time management and organisation skills
- You are able to process and analyse data from various sources and explain it in a simplified manner
- Proven project management skills