We’re looking for a talented leader to take on a new position as manager of Blackline’s technical communications team, and build out the team’s role in a dynamic, rapidly growing company. You will set up documentation processes and styles, manage and prioritize requests, and collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to deliver content to a diverse and global audience of Blackline customers.
Reporting to the Director, User Experience, you’ll be designing Blackline’s approach to delivering content to our customers and partners. Join our growing team and help Blackline implement a modern authoring, publishing, and content management system (CMS). By developing an understanding of the way our company does business, you’ll design strategies and tools to help our company be a pleasure to do business with.
Headquartered in Calgary, Blackline Safety is a global technology company that has been monitoring the wellbeing of employees using person-worn wireless monitoring devices for more than 10 years. We focus heavily on new on product design and innovation. With big aspirations and a fantastic team, we’re looking forward to receiving your application!
Where you'll make an impact
- Manage and coach a team of two to three technical communicators.
- Support your team in creating assets that support our customers, partners, and resellers. Assets include product manuals, support site articles, software update notifications, whitepapers, and eBooks describing highly technical topics.
- Help design and roll out a new content management system (example, MadCap Flare).
- Define and document processes for creating, reviewing, and updating assets.
- Assess and track requests for content, including the impact on existing content, and align priorities with Blackline’s business needs.
- Work closely with the product management, product development and sales operations departments.
We're looking for a person who
- Empowers their team to proactively investigate topics with subject matter experts.
- Coaches their team on techniques to communicate complex ideas clearly and effectively.
- Encourages ownership of assignments while fostering a collaborative environment with peer reviews.
- Comfortable prioritizing projects and managing deadlines to balance multiple, diverse projects on a demanding release schedule.
- Believes in personal growth and learning, continuously researching new subject matter.
- Understands the importance of style guides and meeting professional standards of quality and usability.
- Can build strong channels of communication with subject matter experts to ensure timely review of content.
- Uses project management techniques to define processes and prioritize activities.
- Diploma or degree in related field (Technical writing, information design, journalism, communications etc.).
- 5-7 years of experience in technical communication or related field.
- Experience with document management tools (Madcap Flare or equivalent).
- Excellent written presentation skills (InDesign
- Full-time salaried position: compensation to match your experience and talent.
- Rapidly growing tech company expanding globally.
- Extended Health and Dental benefits, along with a wellness program.
- Employee Family Assistance Program.
- Educational As