The Process Engineer will play a key part in driving new product delivery, maintaining the operational gains achieved through continuous improvement, and in accelerating continuous improvement projects. From assisting with our circuit board manufacturing all the way though to manufacturing and service, the Process Engineer will work with multiple disciplines and be focused on the daily productivity improvement activities required to sustain rapid growth and support new products.
Who are you
- You are highly motivated, independent, attentive to details and have a disciplined, hands-on approach to problem-solving
- You have strong interpersonal skills and can cross functional boundaries to find solutions
- You prefer to work on multiple tasks simultaneously and adapt quickly to changing priorities in a fast-moving high-growth environment
- You have a history of successes in a manufacturing environment, backed by your 5+ years of experience in electronics manufacturing, and Engineering degree
- You have high standards and motivate others to strive to meet them
- You are hands-on and prepared to get involved with all aspects of operations with a can-do attitude and collaborative spirit
- Act as a champion for continuous improvement activities to increase yield, throughput, and productivity in multiple manufacturing lines, and own their ongoing technical health
- Engage with Product Development and other disciplines to complete root-cause analyses of issues in product or process and ensure resolution
- Drive manufacturing process readiness for new product introduction launches
- Create documentation, procedures, and processes to standardize manufacturing operations
- Develop or source fixturing, tools, and other equipment to aid in manufacturing tasks
- Complete audits of operations processes for operator compliance and identify opportunities for improvement
Skills & Prerequisites
- Excellent mechanical, electronics, and process troubleshooting skills
- Proven success in manufacturing line design and operations project management
- Thorough knowledge of electronics and assembly industry best-practices
- Ability to rapidly prioritize and balance conflicting priorities
- Exceptional ability to communicate in English, verbally and in writing
- Strong aptitude for and ability to troubleshoot computers and software
- Experience in a Lean Manufacturing environment and Six Sigma accreditation
- Experience with gas detection, PCBA manufacturing, injection molding, radio technologies, gas detection, and metalwork are all assets
- Data acquisition and analysis experience using databases is an asset
- Full-time salaried position: compensation to match your experience and talent.
- Rapidly growing tech company expanding globally.
- Extended Health and Dental benefits, along with a wellness program.
- Employee Family Assistance Program.
- Educational Assistance Program.
- Patent Program
- Company stock purchase plan with matching RSP contributions.