The Office Manager is responsible for the general operation of the Houston office. This position, reporting to the Director of People & Engagement, is as much people-person as systems person, integral to cultivating company culture. This position will interact with visitors, customers, clients, and employees at every level, every day. Duties will involve greeting visitors, answering incoming phone calls, purchasing office & first aid supplies, and taking proper inventory. In this role, organization skills, efficiency, and personability are essential.
- A bachelor’s degree or equivalent.
- 3 - 5 years of experience in office administration
- Excellent computer skills, including a high degree of proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint
- Experience with Health & Safety is an asset
- Overseeing general office operation
- Greeting visitors, answering a high-volume of incoming phone calls and delivering world-class service to our customers
- Ensure all facility COVID protocols are in place and followed, and assign and maintain all G7s for contact tracing
- Purchasing office & break room supplies and equipment and maintaining proper stock levels, in accordance with Blackline processes and approvals
- Working with the People Services team in Calgary, coordinating the onboarding, building access and equipment set up for new employees
- Be the Health & Safety onsite contact for employees, working with the People Services team, providing education and assistance as required
- Ensuring all required communications are posted and relevant
- Coordinating with Janitorial contractors to oversee the cleanliness of the office
- Be the emergency contact for the alarm monitoring company