We are seeking a People Services Manager for Europe, to co-ordinate all HR activities for Blackline Safety Europe, which will include UK and EU personnel. The People Services Manager’s role will liaise with third-party recruiters and oversee new starter and leaver processes in a compliant manner, and support employee performance initiatives and measures.
This is a full-time position, based at our Colchester (UK) office. Travel to the Blackline Safety Europe SAS office in Fresnes (near Lille, France) will be required. Our Company is growing rapidly, and this is a new role where a motivated and experienced individual can join an enthusiastic and dynamic environment, driving the human resources strategy while being supported by an engaged corporate People Services team.
An ability to speak a second European language, particularly French, is preferred.
- Coordination of human resources activities for the Company’s offices in the UK and various field sales teams throughout Europe; liaising with the Corporate People Services team to deliver effective and efficient solutions
- Assistance with the coordination of employee information for a variety of requirements including contracts, security check screening, employee vaccination status and our Bright HR online application
- Confirm and coordinate all contractor agreements with support from corporate people services
- Assistance with the enrolment of employees in health and benefits schemes
- Assistance with and coordination of new employee onboarding and employee offboarding, including exit interviews; liaising with Corporate People Services to ensure consistency of process and compliance requirements
- Communicate with employees on the Company’s Employee Handbook and Corporate policies and procedures; escalate as required for support of complex incidents
- Draft and coordinate, in consultation with third-party recruiters, job postings and ensure timely follow-ups, for effective reporting
- Effective and timely reporting to the Managing Director with analytics and other requirements as required
- Working with the Company’s Executive Assistants to ensure effective communication, and information transfer
- Support of performance management, employee engagement surveys, and other activities to drive culture initiatives and effective teamwork
- Remain up to date on all applicable legislation and human resource best practices
Skills & Prerequisites
- Minimum of 5 years of human resource experience; certification in human resources
- Completion of CIPD designation considered an asset
- Awareness or experience with contracted payroll would be considered an asset
- Second language (French, Italian, German) considered an asset
- Experience with jurisdictional differences in employment legislation considered an asset
- Ability to adapt to a dynamic, entrepreneurial and fast-paced work environment
- Ability to work independently with excellent organization skills in assuming responsibility for coordinating multiple priorities
- Ability to handle confidential information in a professional manner, working with multiple stakeholders
- Ability to identify escalation points to request support in decision making
- Strong working knowledge of MS Office and MS Excel
- Detail oriented, with strong verbal and written communication skills
- Full-time salaried position: compensation to match your experience and talent.
- Rapidly growing tech company expanding globally.
- Extended Health and Dental benefits, along with a wellness program.
- Employee Family Assistance Program.
- Educational Assistance Program.
- Patent Program
- Company stock purchase plan with matching RSP contributions.