Reporting to the Director of Operations, the Procurement Manager will be responsible for leading Blackline’s procurement team. You will be responsible for reviewing and rebalancing the procurement team’s workload, identifying and implementing process improvement, managing contract manufacturer and vendor performance, implementing measures to mitigate risks in supply chain, and effectively coordinating and executing production schedules for both current and new product lines.
JOB ID: PSCANPRO
Who are you?
You are driven by performance and continuous improvement initiatives. You are always striving to reduce waste, both in physical material and process. You are self-motivated and hungry to take on additional projects. You are eager to learn and implement the latest in technology and process. You enjoy working with other teams to achieve your goals. You are confident and have proven success in leading teams in a fast paced environment.
What will you do?
- Be a functional leader, providing direction and support to a team of 3 supply chain professionals. This will include regular review and balancing of portfolios
- Review current procurement process flows, identifying and eliminating waste. You will be armed with the ability to implement change where necessary.
- Working with the Materials and Production teams to ensure there are no material shortages on the production floor, right sizing deliveries, and utilizing offsite warehouses.
- Develop a supplier matrix of capabilities, identifying deficiencies in our current supply chain, eliminating single source scenarios
- Enhance and modify the supplier evaluation, selection, and approval process as well as monitoring and reporting on the supplier report cards
- Develop, report, and monitor KPIs for the Procurement team
- Work with Materials team to implement Demand Planning in ERP system (NetSuite)
- Review, recommend, and implement ongoing cost savings initiatives.
- Manage and report on purchase price variances (PPV)
- Report on bill of material (BOM) health, advising on end of life, last time buys, and material constraints across all product lines
- Effectively communicate order status, delivery dates, and changes throughout the organization
- Utilize the most cost effective and efficient means of transportation and execute import/export transactions.
- Establish and maintain courteous, professional and effective communications with suppliers, partners, customers, and coworkers.
- Execute responsibilities in a fashion consistent with the highest ethical standards.
What we need from you
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in Procurement, with a minimum of 5 years of Senior Materials experience, preferably in high-tech manufacturing
- Proficient with MS Office and ERP systems (Blackline is currently using NetSuite)
- Post-secondary certification in Supply Chain Management, Business Operations, or other applicable areas preferred
- APICS, SCMP, or PMAC certification is an asset
- Lean Manufacturing experience in processes and inventory replenishment methods primarily Kanban and Vendor Managed Inventory
- Experience with setting vendor management performance metrics
- Demonstrated ability to act with integrity, professionalism, and confidentiality
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to prioritize tasks and to delegate when appropriate
Benefits & Compensation
- Full-time salaried position: compensation to match your experience and talent
- Rapidly growing tech company expanding globally
- Extended Health and Dental benefits, along with a wellness program
- Employee Family Assistance Program
- Educational Assistance Program
- Company stock purchase plan with matching RSP contributions