Blackline Safety is seeking a passionate and experienced Product Marketing Manager for its worker safety business in North America. This position will have direct responsibility for understanding the needs of the market and applications in the region. Identify existing markets that drive growth for Blackline Safety and replicate marketing strategies across to other areas of the region. Identify new markets where Blackline Safety’s offering can present a compelling differentiation over competition and investigate improvements to the solution to increase safety and productivity for the customer for future product releases. You will be the local product management expert on the Blackline Safety solution and will be a key resource for the regional Blackline Safety group.
- Overall responsibility for the market and application development growth of Blackline Safety solutions in the region
- Identify new hardware / software features and solutions for the market and applications, build prioritized business cases, then convey these requirements to the product management group.
- Responsible for the successful execution of new product commercialization in the region as well as product marketing campaigns working with the regional Marketing Communication team.
- Working with the regional sales team to define forecast targets for new product introductions.
- Understand the needs of the region from a regulation, certification and safety trend standpoint and convey to the product management group for new product development.
- Conduct detailed Voice of Customer interviews with decision makers, end users and channel partners to understand the needs of the customers in the region.
- Work with the sales team in the region to provide technical, application or solution value information to drive new leads.
- Develop an understanding in the region of the products, solutions and marketing focus of Blackline safety competitors and help develop solutions in the form of incentive programs, value documentation and campaigns.
- Continually analyze market trends and Blackline safety offering performance in the region
- Work with local marketing communication group to lead communications of market campaigns, new product introduction, product enhancements and all other required communications for Blackline safety personnel, channel partners and external customers in the region.
- Regional product and industry expert working with local teams to drive growth
- Periodically evaluate internal and external training information and give feedback to the performance and learning manager
- Travel with the sales team and attend key tradeshows to understand the needs of the market.
What We're Looking For
- Post-secondary degree (Business, Marketing, Engineering, Computer Science, or similar)
- Strong Business Acumen
- MBA preferred
- Experience with industrial safety and/or gas detection would be considered an asset.