Reporting to the Director, Marketing, you will lead the go-to-market strategy and marketing plan for Blackline Safety’s software solutions. Working collaboratively with Product Management, Sales and Marketing, you’ll be the glue that binds our product strategy to the tactics we need to drive success in sales and marketing to achieve results. You’ll be our software product evangelist and will play an integral role in organizing product launches.
In this role, you’ll understand the market and competitive landscape, and know our buyers better than they know themselves, including how they make their buying decisions. Using market evidence and your expertise, you’ll drive the development of positioning and messaging that resonates with buyers and empowers our sales channels to be successful.
You’ll partner with the marketing and sales teams to develop programs that drive adoption and demand. Presenting our software value proposition in a way that resonates and clearly articles how we solve buyers’ problems.
- Market intelligence – be the expert on our buyers, who are they, how they buy and their key buying criteria
- Understand the competitive landscape – be an expert on competitive alternatives and how they are positioned
- Develop product positioning and messaging collaboratively with Product Management and Marketing
- Understand and document your buyers process, including where they get information, and the how, what, when and why behind the decisions they make. Drive changes based on this learning.
- Develop marketing and communication plans for our software solutions including key activities to support the retention of existing customers and the acquisition of new customers.
- Assess the effectiveness of the marketing programs that support your products on an ongoing basis, and report back to the business on required changes.
- Develop the launch plan for new products, releases and updates and manage the cross-functional implementation of the plan.
- Identify market themes and act as the primary thought-leader for the products you support externally, including speaking engagements and written content.
- Understand and support our sales channels; training them on the problems we solve for our buyers and users; owning the development of internal and external communications and tools.
- Work with various subject matter experts (PR, Digital, Demand Gen, etc) to ensure our product messages are communicated throughout our content.
Skills, Qualifications, Education
- 8+ years of product marketing experience, preferably focused on B2B SaaS softwar
- Effective communicator with a vision who can bring others along the journey, both internal and externa
- Excellent written and verbal communication skill
- Proven ability to turn data and insights into marketing strategies and message
- Passion for solving customer problems and understanding
- Strong project management skills and attention to detail
- Highly motivated and collaborative working style to ensure cross-functional alignmen
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Full-time salaried position: compensation to match your experience and talent
- Rapidly growing tech company expanding globally
- Extended Health and Dental benefits, along with a wellness program
- Employee Family Assistance Program
- Educational Assistance Program
- Patent Progra
- Company stock purchase plan with matching RSP contributions