We are looking for a tenacious SaaS User Experience Designer to take the Blackline Live portal to the next level. Our cloud hosted SaaS platform is powered by AWS and developed by our amazing team of in-house programmers who need a UX Designer to set the path our best-in-class software solutions.
This user experience designer will be responsible for customer research and defining product requirements. Focusing on key user problems to come up with innovative and delightful solutions while empowering consumers to love their Blackline app experience. Working across the entire product lifecycle developing detailed storyboards, concept diagrams, user interface sketches, wireframes, mock-ups, prototypes, and design specifications to effectively communicate interaction. Leverage data-driven decision making, using qualitative and quantitative data to influence their work. You strive to measure and monitor the performance of the products you work on. The successful candidate will have at least 4 years of design experience and a degree or diploma in a related field. Your portfolio should show evidence of your entire creative process, from ideation, prototyping and iteration through to polished design and shipped product.
Where you’ll make an impact:
- Develop a deep understanding of Blackline’s business objectives, customers, product portfolio, and competition.
- Conduct user research, competitive analysis, and other design thinking activities.
- Build a close and collaborative relationship with our product managers and software developers to define and achieve best in class solutions.
- Develop and deliver high-level and detailed storyboards, concept diagrams, user interface sketches, mockups, prototypes, and detailed design specifications to effectively communicate design concepts and solutions.
What We're Looking For
We’re looking for a designer who:
- Has more than 4 years of experience in the field of UX design
- Has a portfolio demonstrating examples of strategic design thinking
- Has experience with Cloud based SaaS software
- Has experience with responsive, cross-browser, and web app design
- Has great problem-solving skills with an ability to communicate complex ideas in clear and concise ways
- Demonstrates ownership of all assignments, asking for clarification or direction as necessary
- Can manage various deadlines for multiple diverse projects
- Is a lifelong learner and enjoys researching and learning new information
- Has a strong attention to detail — in your cover letter, tell us your favorite fictional character.
- Bachelor’s degree, diploma, or equivalent work experience in a related field
- Experience with AWS platform solutions will be a benefit
- User interface design skills are a plus (Adobe XD, Illustrator, Photoshop, or equivalent)NOTE: Please ensure that you are eligible to work in Canada prior to sending your application