Blackline Safety is looking for a Senior Copywriter who will be responsible for creating and maintaining written content than conveys Blackline Safety’s voice and vision throughout various marketing and communication channels. This includes crafting persuasive, concise, informative and engaging content about our solutions for a variety of audiences. You’ll work alongside designers, marketing strategists and other internal and external partners as required ensuring all creative outputs are on strategy.
- Partner with Director, Marketing to set the voice and tone direction and ensure that all marketing content adheres to the brand identity.
- Develop creative with Art Director for promotional campaigns, web and digital content tailored to Blackline Safety’s audiences
- Create high-impact communications such as news releases, emails, event signage, advertising, etc. Writing copy for large pieces of content (i.e. product brochures) and smaller texts (i.e. social posts).
- Contribute ideas to creative concepts. Propose copy concepts and present underlying strategic thinking to stakeholders
- Meet with stakeholders, advise on strategies to reach audiences, and convey messages.
- Research and conduct interviews to support written content
- Ensure copy consistency of message across mediums including copy style, font and format, in addition to regular proofreading concerning spelling, grammar, punctuation, etc
- Participate as a 'big idea generator' providing expertise in messaging required to support campaign objectives
- Work closely with marketing strategists, agencies on emerging brand strategies and communications
- Be a central source for questions related to tone and voice direction for the brand. Ensure quality assurance on all creative deliverables from a writing style perspective.
- Other communication duties as required
Skills, Qualifications, Education
- 10+ years’ experience in marketing and communications
- Degree or diploma in marketing, communications, journalism or related field
- Experience writing for full range of media in a copywriting position
- Exceptional writing and editing abilities with a keen eye for detail
- Ability to manage multiple priorities in a high-growth, fast-paced environment with tight deadlines
- Strong conceptual and critical thinking skills
- Ability to conduct keyword research
- Capacity to translate creative briefs and superior understanding of B2B content marketing
- Excellent organizational skills and high attention to detail
- Practical business experience that allows for a bigger picture view of individual projects and how they fit into communication efforts
- Full-time salaried position: compensation to match your experience and talent.
- Rapidly growing tech company expanding globally.
- Extended Health and Dental benefits, along with a wellness program.
- Employee Family Assistance Program.
- Educational Assistance Program.
- Patent Program
- Company stock purchase plan with matching RSP contributions.