Blackline Safety is a world leader in the development and manufacturing of IoT connected safety products — we offer the broadest and most complete portfolio in the industry. We monitor personnel working alone in populated areas, indoors within complex facilities, and employees operating in the most remote reaches of our planet. Our purpose and promise to our customers of providing the technology that keeps workers safe informs our overall product development.
Our products are used to keep people safe in the event of falls, missed check-ins, man-downs, and exposure to explosive or toxic gas. Our products save lives. Our design, marketing, customer care, sales and production are all performed in-house at our headquarters in Ramsay, Calgary.
Our fast-growing company is currently hiring an experienced Team Lead to help build the next generation of new features and functionality for our highly available, highly scalable safety monitoring platform built on the newest stack.
Our solutions are built in the Well architected framework and the technologies include AWS API gateway, Angular 11, Amazon Web Services and all they offer, IoT, ECS, Fargate, RDS MySQL, Aurora PostgreSQL, Lambda, Elasticsearch, Aurora, Docker, DataDog, CD/CI pipelines on CodePipeline and CodeBuild, CloudFormation, ALB, Python, Java, Spring-boot RedShift, Spark, EMR, Kinesis (Streams, Firehose, Analytics). We use Event Driven architecture, DDD, Emerging Patterns and anything else you want to try. You will receive a top-notch dev machine running on Linux.
We're looking for someone who
- Has true passion to develop team members and support their career development
- Takes ownership of the solution and delivers with high accountability
- Has a team mindset, highly collaborative and enjoys a fast-paced, team environment
- Enjoys learning new technologies, concepts, and areas of business
- Champions the causes of uptime, reliability, compliance, and security
- Has experience developing scalable web applications using modern technology in a SaaS IoT environment dealing with real-time streaming data, web portals, and analytics
- Has the ability to thrive on a high level of autonomy and responsibility
- A degree in computer science, software engineering or similar education
- Be able to write and evaluate code that is testable, reliable, and sustainable
- Proven and strong knowledge of Docker, Linux, and familiarity with AWS tools
- Experience gathering and evaluating software development requirements from users and stakeholders
- Be able to communicate with stakeholders efficiently and effectively across relevant groups and teams
- Be able to coordinate work across your team and collaborate with fellow leads
- Experience with many of the technologies we use
- Full-time salaried position: compensation to match your experience and talent.
- Rapidly growing tech company expanding globally.
- Extended Health and Dental benefits, along with a wellness program.
- Employee Family Assistance Program.
- Educational Assistance Program.
- Patent Program
- Company stock purchase plan with matching RSP contributions.