Our products are used to keep people safe in the event of falls, missed check-ins, man-downs, and exposure to explosive or toxic gas. Our products save lives. Our design, marketing, customer care, sales and production are all performed in-house at our headquarters in Ramsay, Calgary.
Our fast-growing company is currently hiring experienced Quality Analyst and Engineers to help build the next generation of new features and functionality for our highly available, highly scalable safety monitoring platform built on the newest stack.
Our solutions are built in the Well architected framework and the technologies include Angular 10, Amazon Web Services and all they offer, IoT, ECS, Fargate, RDS MySQL, RedShift, Spark, EMR, Kinesis (Streams, Firehose, Analytics), Lambda, Elasticsearch, Aurora, Docker, DataDog, CD/CI pipelines on CodePipeline and CodeBuild, CloudFormation, ALP, Python, Java, and more. We use Event Driven architecture, DDD, Emerging Patterns and anything else you want to try. You will receive a top-notch dev machine running on Linux.
Where you'll make an impact
- Understanding that quality is far more than finding bugs but also flow, security testing (such as automated scans, automated penetration tests), performance and availability
- If you have a serious desire to build great Well Architected IoT cloud software
- If you enjoy learning new technologies, concepts, and areas of business
- If you want an opportunity to develop and exercise your testing and coding skills while working hands-on on agile development lifecycle and CI/CD pipeline
We're looking for a person who
- Has experience writing automated test scripts using Selenium and Python (PyTest)
- Has expertise in writing and updating test cases and automated testing scripts for web applications and microservices
- Has 5+ years of experience testing mission-critical and high availability scalable web applications using a variety of technologies, ideally in a SaaS environment dealing with real-time streaming data
- Has a solid ability to create and use SQL queries to perform data validation
- Has experience with AWS or similar cloud infrastructure services
- Is comfortable working with Linux command line
- Has experience with Jira, Jenkins, and Git
- Has a degree in software engineering, computer science, similar education preferred; relevant work experience will be considered
- Has understanding and knowledge in industry-standard testing methodologies, tools, and processes
- Has experience with load/performance testing using Locust or JMeter
- Has experience with wireline protocols via TCP/UDP (this would be an asset!)
- Work as a part of cross-product QA team
- Develop, execute, and maintain test scenarios based on new product feature requirements as well as defect fixes
- Troubleshoot issues found during testing and assist in problem analysis
- Identify, document, and track defects in defect tracking software
- Perform QA activities that include deploying software into different environments, generating test data, reporting on testing progress and identifying risks to other teams
- Evaluate and identify test scenarios for test automation, develop and maintain automated tests.
- Participate in Agile team meetings
- Work closely with software developers and Team Leads to understand user scenarios, requirements, and typical usage workflows, technical issues, impact, and risk areas
- Participate in hands-on activities extending across the agile development lifecycle and CI/CD pipeline
- Full-time salaried position: compensation to match your experience and talent.
- Rapidly growing tech company expanding globally.
- Extended Health and Dental benefits, along with a wellness program.
- Employee Family Assistance Program.
- Educational Assistance Program.
- Patent Program
- Company stock purchase plan with matching RSP contributions.