We are currently looking for a System Integration and Test Specialist who is eager to work in a product development environment. Hands-on testing of new and innovative product designs is core to this role. As a member of the Research and Development team you will be supporting the design and testing of our next generation offering as well as the existing ones. The Blackline Safety System incorporates wearable personal devices, vehicle mounted equipment, satellite and cellular communication channels and an advanced web portal. The System Verification Specialist is responsible for ensuring that all of the components, web application, device firmware and hardware work together in harmony and that customer needs are met.
This is a full time permanent position.
- Developing & documenting test plans.
- Testing system performance and troubleshooting system behavior.
- Ensure system components work together and customer needs are met.
- Executing test plans as well as recording and summarizing results.
- Operating automated test equipment.
- Support the rest of the Blackline organization with your deep understanding of the Blackline products and services.
What We're Looking For
- A diploma or degree preferably in engineering, computer science or similar.
- Experience with testing firmware, web applications and hardware.
- Experience with testing gas detector devices is an asset
- Experience with Python scripting is an asset.
- Strong communication skills.
- Familiarity with GPS, cellular and satellite communications.
- Ability to operate independently in a fast paced environment.
- Experience with defect tracking software (e.g. JIRA)
- Experience with Test Rail Test Case Management Software or similar is an asset.