Reporting to the Director of People & Engagement, the Technical Recruiter will identify, recruit, screen, and present candidates for open positions, collaborating with hiring managers to set realistic technical requirements.
Who are you
Your ability to juggle progress among multiple postings coupled with concise but consistent communication with the People Services team and the hiring managers sets you apart. A high achiever, with an attitude of service, you are always moving and ready to source the next, greatest talent addition. At times you may be collaborating with external recruitment or leading the recruitment from source to onboarding where you will work with the People Services team to ensure a seamless transition to a new employee’s first days at Blackline Safety. As a global company, you may be asked to work on global recruitment opportunities and/or travel as necessary.
What you will do
- Collaborates with hiring managers to understand the needs and roles to be filled, reviews job descriptions for vacancies.
- Assists with the development and revision of specifications and job descriptions for selected positions.
- Identifies the most effective methods for recruiting and attracting candidates.
- Drafts recruitment advertisements: posts and/or places ads in the most effective digital and/or print media for open positions.
- Selects one or more placement agencies to assist with recruitment process.
- Identifies appropriate candidates and assesses their qualifications through review of their resumes, interviews, and other forms of communications.
- Connects qualified candidates with hiring managers.
- Maintains contact with candidates to keep them apprised of the status of their applications.
- Vet potential employees’ credentials.
- Provides advice to hiring managers regarding salary negotiations with final candidates.
- Facilitates contacts by creating and maintaining a presence in the technical/industry community and marketplace.
- Attends job fairs and industry conferences; runs company booth/virtual fair
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
What we need from you
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Thorough understanding of recruiting methods and best practices, as well as applicable policies
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Bachelor’s degree in related technical and/or human resources field.
- At least three years of related recruiting experience required, with prior experience in technical roles is an asset.
- Ability to travel internationally without restriction as required
- Ability to work remotely as required
- Full-time salaried position: compensation to match your experience and talent.
- Rapidly growing tech company expanding globally.
- Extended Health and Dental benefits, along with a wellness program.
- Employee Family Assistance Program.
- Educational Assistance Program.
- Patent Program
- Company stock purchase plan with matching RSP contributions.