We’re looking for someone who can take complex technical information and synthesize it into easy to understand documentation. With the ability to communicate to audiences with a variety of technical backgrounds, both internal employees and external customers. Join our team growing team and help write new articles, manuals and guides.
As a member of the User Experience team at Blackline, you’ll be designing Blackline’s approach to interactions with our customers and resellers. By developing an understanding of the way our company does business, you’ll design strategies and tools to help our business be a pleasure to work with across the board.
Headquartered in Calgary, Blackline Safety is a global technology company that has been monitoring the wellbeing of employees using person-worn wireless monitoring devices for more than 10 years. We focus heavily on new on product design and innovation. With big aspirations and a fantastic team, we’re looking for our next all-star technical writer!
Where you'll make an impact
- Creating and updating product manuals, support site articles, software update notifications.
- Create trouble shooting and how-to content for customer care technical support.
- Publish internal company wide communications about corporate events.
- Document management, editing, and proofreading.
- Conduct interviews with subject matter experts.
- Researching and contributing to whitepapers and eBooks describing highly technical topics.
We're looking for a person who
- Has great problem-solving skills with an ability to create communicate complex ideas very simply.
- Demonstrates ownership of all assignments, asking for clarification/direction as necessary.
- Excellent written, and graphic skills.
- Capable of adhering to deadlines while working on multiple, projects.
- Plans, develops and writes clear, concise and easily-understood communication tools.
- Analyzes documentation requirements to determine the impact and relationships with existing materials.
- Believes in personal growth and learning.
- Has a high attention to detail and consistency.
- Is thoughtful, highly organized, and logical.
- Diploma or degree in related field (Technical writing, information design, communications etc.).
- Experience with document management tools (Madcap Flare or equivalent).
- Excellent writing and proof-reading skills.
- Proficiency in Adobe InDesign and Microsoft Word.
- +5 years’ experience as a technical communicator/writer.
- NOTE: Please ensure that you are eligible to work in Canada prior to sending your application. A criminal background check will be required for corporate data access security.
- Graphic design and illustration skills (Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator).
- Web publishing (WordPress, HubSpot or equivalent).
- Full-time salaried position: compensation to match your experience and talent.
- Rapidly growing tech company expanding globally.
- Extended Health and Dental benefits, along with a wellness program.
- Employee Family Assistance Program.
- Educational Assistance Program.
- Company stock purchase plan with matching RSP contributions.
Please upload a resume and cover letter, but also make sure you include a link to your portfolio, or attach PDF samples. Only those who will be interviewed will be contacted. This position will close when a suitable candidate is found.