Do you want to save lives while creating meaningful solutions? Blackline Safety is the place for you.
Blackline Safety is a world leader in the development and manufacturing of IoT connected safety products — we offer the broadest and most complete portfolio in the industry. We monitor personnel working alone in populated areas, indoors within complex facilities, and employees operating in the most remote reaches of our planet. Our purpose and promise to our customers of providing the technology that keeps workers safe informs our overall product development.
Our products are used to keep people safe in the event of falls, missed check-ins, man-downs, and exposure to explosive or toxic gas. Our products save lives. Our design, marketing, customer care, sales and production are all performed in-house at our headquarters in Ramsay, Calgary.
Test Engineers are responsible for designing, building, and running the most sophisticated, system-wide test suites. This goes far beyond unit and functional tests (written by our developers) and includes integration testing, APIs, security, performance and more.
Our solutions are built in the Well architected framework and the technologies include Angular 9, Amazon Web Services and all they offer, IoT, RDS MySQL, RedShift, Spark, EMR, Kinesis (Streams, Firehose, Analytics), Lambda, Elasticsearch, Aurora, Docker, DataDog, CD/CI pipelines on CodeBuilder, ELK stack, CloudFormation, ALP, Python, Java, and more. We use DDD, Emerging Patterns and anything else you want to try.
Blackline Safety offers:
- A world-class team of senior developers and software professionals
- A unique and enjoyable place to work with flexible hours
- Interesting products to work on and an entrepreneurial environment
- Exposure to a wide variety of modern web technologies
- Supportive (yet challenging), collaborative work environment
- Competitive salary and vacation compensation
- Company savings plan with matching contributions, medical, dental and drug benefits
Join our team to build the future and save lives!
What you will be doing:
- Work as a part of cross-product QA team
- Develop, execute, and maintain test scenarios based on new product feature requirements as well as defect fixes
- Troubleshoot issues found during testing and assist in problem analysis
- Identify, document, and track defects in defect tracking software
- Perform QA activities that include deploying software into different environments, generating test data,reporting on testing progress and identifying risks to other teams
- Evaluate and identify test scenarios for test automation, develop and maintain automated tests.
- Participate in Agile team meetings
- Work closely with software developers and Team Leads to understand user scenarios, requirements, and typical usage workflows, technical issues, impact, and risk areas
- Participate in hands-on activities extending across the agile development lifecycle and CI/CD pipeline
What We're Looking For
We are looking for someone:
- That understands that quality is far more than finding bugs but also flow, security testing (such as automated scans, automated penetration tests), performance and availability
- With serious desire to build great Well Architected IoT cloud software
- That enjoys learning new technologies, concepts, and areas of business
- That wants an opportunity to develop and exercise your coding skills while working hands-on on agile development lifecycle and CI/CD pipeline
To be considered, you must have the following:
- A degree in software engineering, computer science, similar education preferred; relevant work experience will be considered
- 5+ years of experience testing mission-critical and high availability scalable web applications using a variety of technologies, ideally in a SaaS environment dealing with real-time streaming data
- Understanding and knowledge in industry-standard testing methodologies, tools, and processes
- Expertise in developing test cases/scripts
- Experience with automated testing tools and techniques (Selenium, API, backend)
- Experience with load/performance testing using Locust or Jmeter
- Preferred experience with wireline protocols via TCP/UDP
- Solid ability to create and use SQL queries to perform data validation
- Experience with AWS or similar cloud infrastructure services
- Comfortable working with linux command line
- Experience with Jira, Jenkins, and Git