We’re looking for a UX Researcher to provide actionable and meaningful data-driven insights that represent the voice of our users, distributors, and employees. You will collaborate across development, design, and marketing teams to evaluate current and upcoming user research needs to improve product definition and drive business goals.
A UX researcher lives closest to the end user. From user interviews and usability tests to data analytics and customer journey maps, the UX researcher is the most active and vocal advocate for the user’s needs. They should be the most humanizing influence on the design work that goes into a product.
At Blackline, a UX Researcher will guide and inform the company towards designing and building better products and experiences for people using a variety of research methods. They will work with multiple teams to incorporate people-centric thinking from problem definition to post-launch iteration. We are looking for someone who can ask thoughtful research questions, conduct contextual research, frame problems, synthesize insights, evaluate prototypes, and assist with launches and releases.
Where you will make an impact
- Develop a deep understanding of Blackline’s business objectives, customers, product portfolio, and competition.
- Conduct user research, competitive analysis, and other design thinking activities.
- Build a close and collaborative relationship with our product managers and software developers to define and achieve best in class solutions.
- Conduct qualitative and quantitative research to inform the design process and keep the user at the center of every design decision.
- Competitive product analysis documenting trials, testing and teardowns.
- Complementary product analysis of cutting-edge technology we could integrate into our system.
- Plan field trials for beta product deployments.
- Extract insights about user behaviors from web instrumentation tools
We're looking for a researcher who
- Has 3-5 years of experience performing UX Research
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field
- Has a strong portfolio or example projects to share, including UX research studies, publications, or whatever represents what you do best
- Has hands-on experience with scoping and prioritizing research questions, research planning, data gathering, analysis, summarizing, and sharing findings
- Has experience with both physical hardware products as well as SaaS
- Has great problem-solving skills with an ability to create communicate complex ideas very simply
- Demonstrates ownership of all assignments, asking for clarification or direction as necessary
- Can manage various deadlines for multiple diverse projects Is a lifelong learner and enjoys researching and learning new information
- Full-time salaried position: compensation to match your experience and talent.
- Rapidly growing tech company expanding globally.
- Extended Health and Dental benefits, along with a wellness program.
- Employee Family Assistance Program.
- Educational Assistance Program.
- Patent Program
- Company stock purchase plan with matching RSP contributions.