All requests to place floorplans should go through your designated sales representative. Here is a quick refresher about what is needed to place floorplans in Blackline Live to ensure the quickest turnaround and most accurate placement in the portal.
When you receive a floorplan from a customer that needs to be placed, ensure that you have:
PDF FILES THAT ARE CLEAR AND LEGIBLE
- Remember, these files are going to be placed to help give monitoring personnel context to where an employee is if they need help! If the file is a scan, hand drawn, blurry, or out-of-date, it won't be sufficient for an upload.
- Not sure if the file you’ve received is going to work? Send it to your sales representative and they can let you know.
CLARIFICATION OF WHERE THE FILES SHOULD LAY OR HOW THEY ARE ORIENTATED, IF NECESSARY
- If the building is a perfect square, or it is unclear how the building should lay on the map, it is helpful to know which way is North on the floorplan if it is not indicated.
- If there are multiple buildings on site, please provide clarification of which building is which. A Microsoft paint drawing will be sufficient.
- If a plan only takes up a portion of the building (for example, a mezzanine) please clarify where it lays.
THE EXACT SITE ADDRESS OR LAT/LONG OF THE SITE
- This is how the location of the floorplan is identified in the portal. Without a site address or a lat/long, it is very difficult to identify where a plan should be placed. This is a key element to placement, please ensure it gets sent with your file.
- If you are sending a lat/long, ensure that it is in decimal degrees format. That means it should look like this: 51.038070, -114.033896 and not like this: 51°02’17.1″N 114°02’02.0″W
THE EXACT ORGANIZATION NAME IN BLACKLINE LIVE
- This is how the floorplan is saved so that the customer can see it. It’s important that this be the organization name exactly as it is seen in Blackline Live, not the email of the org admin.
ATTACHED THE FLOORPLAN REQUEST SPREADSHEET WITH ALL OF THE ABOVE INFO
- We know that is a lot to remember, so we have created an excel floorplan request sheet to send along with your files for upload. Download it here.
Please allow for three business days for a floorplan to be placed. If you have a rush floorplan, our team will try their best to get it placed in Blackline Live, however, we can't guarantee floorplan placements sooner than three business days.
When you’ve got your:
- PDF floorplan files
- Clarification placement files
- Completed floorplan request spreadsheet
ready to go, send all relevant files and the request spreadsheet to your sales representative. They will send it to our UX team who will work on getting it placed into the portal for you.
Unsure if you have the right files necessary to be placed in the portal? This Support Site article is helpful in describing what they need to send your way.
If you have any questions, comments or concerns about your floorplan, contact your sales representative.