Blackline Safety is a world leader in the development and manufacturing of wirelessly connected safety products — we offer the broadest and most complete portfolio in the industry. We monitor personnel working alone in populated areas, indoors within complex facilities, and employees operating in the most remote reaches of our planet. Our products are used to keep people safe in the event of falls, missed check-ins, man-downs and exposure to explosive or toxic gases. Our products save lives. Our design, marketing, customer care, sales, production and monitoring services are all performed in-house at our headquarters in Calgary, AB. Blackline Safety is a publicly traded company (TSXV: BLN).
The role of the Director of Global Safety Operations is to oversee the global operations of Blackline Safety’s monitoring services provided by our in-house Safety Operations team and our global partners.
The Director of Global Safety Operations position is critical to the success of the Safety Operations and the complex monitoring services that it provides. The successful candidate must apply judgment, tact and discretion due to the broad and extensive implications for success in the areas of the provided services. Director of Global Safety Operations plays an important part in the formulation, alignment and implementation of the strategic initiatives and managing the outcomes and impacts on the global Safety Operations activities and the provided services.
- Provide strategic leadership and oversee the development of innovative global monitoring solutions with key performance indicators, continuous improvement and growth plans.
- Manage the conception and implementation of solutions, processes and procedures in the Safety Operations Center and the associated ARCs (Alarm response centers) partners through engagement and collaboration with stakeholders and different departments.
- Ensure that performance requirements, standards and results are maintained, including established service level targets, team quality and productivity results to meet customer satisfaction.
- Develop staffing models and key metrics, encourage innovation and cross-functional thought leadership, service optimization and overall value to customers and partners.
- Responsible for human resource practices including budget planning, recruitment, orientation, training, development of associates, consistent with the promotional opportunities available and individual employee career objectives.
- Develop emergency response protocols and evaluate their effectiveness, alerts handling quality and its relationship to customer satisfaction; directs changes in procedures and standards
- Oversee the management of internal controls to mitigate the company’s liability, ensure practices align with regulatory and privacy requirements, ISO certification and the SOC 2 framework.
- Implement solutions to support business services offering and value proposition through collaborative work with software and product management teams to enhance software & product features, business practices and maximizing efficiencies.
- Review the quality of operations and performance, using data and reporting capabilities to present facts and evidence to assist in effective evidence-based decision making to help continue the growth and profitability.
- Lead and direct the development of the Safety Operations Emergency Management Plan and readiness, including emergency preparedness exercises for the department and redundant systems.
- Determine operational strategies by conducting needs assessments, performance reviews, capacity planning, and cost/benefit analyses.
- Lead meetings with key stakeholders and represent the company with the highest level of professionalism.
- Conduct onsite visits when required– up to 15% travel may be required.
- Other duties as assigned
Required Education, Skills and Qualifications:
- A post-secondary education
- 5-10 years leadership, customer service, call center, people management experience
- Must be able to demonstrate an advanced understanding and experience managing teams in fact paced critical environments
- Have strong analytical skills
- Strong leadership skills with emphasis on decision-making, problem solving, consulting, facilitation, negotiation and team-building skills and the ability to foster a motivating and respectful work environment.
- Strong interpersonal and oral and written communication skills, emphasizing listening, and negotiating; bargaining, compromising, and conciliation; ability to summarize needs, determine priorities and necessities
- Able to work independently and/or in a team environment; mature judgment, ability to make decisions under time constraints, managing risk and uncertainty, multi-tasking, and ability to set priorities.
- High attention to detail and organization and a strong understanding of metrics and key administrative processes.
- Broad knowledge of modern technologies (IT, cellular, satellite, GPS), proficient with Microsoft office, CRM and ERP programs.
- Effectively interpret policy and guide subordinates in their interpretation resulting in fair, equitable and responsive management staff
Blackline Safety offers:
- An exciting high-growth environment
- An experienced, dynamic and motivated team
- Supportive, challenging and collaborative work
- Competitive salary and vacation
- Medical, dental and drug benefits
- Company stock purchase plan with matching contributions.