Blackline GPS is pleased to announce several enhancements to the Alerts Setup and Alert Management pages in the Loner Portal, taking effect on April 8, 2014. The new Alerts Setup page will allow you to enter and manage your Emergency Response Protocol and Emergency Contact information.
Please take a few minutes to read through the following information as these changes require action on your part.
Starting today, you can preview and confirm changes we have made while migrating your data to the new Alert Management page. You will be required to confirm these changes before April 8, 2014, when the new structure becomes active and will be used to drive your alerts.
• Alert Management Profile: This drives alarm events to the main web page, sends alerts to 3rd party monitoring centers (if you are using this service).
• Notification Profile: This profile is meant for informational emails about your employees, but not alerts that need to be managed or responded to. This should be used for things like log-on and log-off messages, and low battery alerts that you do not want a monitoring center to act on.
• Response Protocol: This is a text field that prescribes the actions to be followed when an alert is generated. It does not need to include names or phone numbers, as long as the Emergency Response Contacts information (see below) is filled out.
• Emergency response contacts: Specific names/phone numbers that should be called in the event of an emergency. When an alert is generated, this information is sent to 3rd party monitoring centers.
What Will Happen?
Blackline is managing the transition of your alert management profiles.
From now until April 8, 2014 there are no functional changes to how your alerts are sent out. During this time period, the new alerts structure will be visible and you can make changes. Please note that any changes you make will take affect after April 8, 2014.
Once we activate the new Alert Management profiles, the old alert profiles will be deactivated but will be available for your reference in a view only mode, until May 6, 2014.
What You Need to Do
1. Log in to your Loner Portal account at https://live.blacklinesafety.com/sign-in
2. Look over the new alert profiles in place in your account
3. Click ‘confirm’ on the bottom of the alert profile page to confirm that you understand these changes
Please take a moment to discover the new Alert Management enhancements and watch the demonstration video below:
For questions and assistance with your new Alert Management profile setup, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We are committed to your satisfaction and welcome your feedback. We'll do all we can to make your product experience positive.
As always, thank you for choosing Blackline GPS.
the Blackline GPS team.