Blackline Safety confirms essential business status
March 30, 2020
Blackline continues protecting more than 60,000 people, global operations continue uninterrupted
Calgary, Canada — March 30, 2020 — Blackline Safety Corp. (TSX.V: BLN), a global leader of gas detection and connected safety solutions, meets the classifications of an essential business as outlined by the Government of Alberta, Canada. As a leader in connected safety, Blackline continues to ensure the safety of thousands of men and women working on the front lines of critical industries across the globe. From utilities to energy, transportation, manufacturing and many others, these workers rely on Blackline to help keep them safe while working in hazardous environments and harsh conditions.
Blackline is committed to delivering the products and services that its customers depend on during this challenging time, and has implemented its COVID-19 Continuity Plan. The plan is summarized below and addresses Blackline’s approach to ensuring continued business operations while protecting employee health and safety.
Connected safety equipment, Blackline Live cloud-hosted monitoring portal and Blackline analytics software
- Blackline continues to provide real-time services for connected wearables and mobile apps, including: G7C, G7X, M6 and Loner Mobile.
- Blackline’s cloud-connected technology is fault tolerant and managed by Blackline’s engineering team without disruption.
- Blackline’s server is cloud hosted by Amazon Web Services, the world leader in cloud-hosted technology. We do not anticipate changes to our 99.9%+ uptime.
Blackline’s Safety Operations Center (SOC) and global Alarm Receiving Center (ARC) partners
- Blackline’s SOC and global network of partner ARCs have begun distributed operations.
- SOC employees are now working from multiple locations while ensuring 99.5% of voice calls to our connected safety equipment are initiated in under 60 seconds.
- Blackline’s in-house manufacturing facility continues to support the critical needs of current and new customers.
- We continue to operate shipping and receiving centers to ensure no interruption to global supply chains.
- With cloud-hosted systems that enable team members to work from alternate locations, Blackline’s Customer Care and Support teams will continue to function without interruption.
- There are no changes to Blackline’s hours of operations in North America and our office in the United Kingdom.
Blackline employees, contractors and visitors
- Hold bi-weekly senior management meetings to assess the situation and ensure our policies reflect current guidelines from local and national authorities.
- All employees and contractors are required to self-isolate if they have travelled internationally, have COVID-19 symptoms or have concerns about being in contact with someone who may have COVID-19.
- Our in-house Safety Operations Center has migrated to individual, remote locations with two on-site personnel.
- Implemented a companywide work-from-home policy where possible for personnel outside our manufacturing and shipping/receiving teams.
- Restricted all business travel for employees and contractors.
- Increased sanitation and cleaning procedures at all Blackline offices.
- Instituted social distancing guidelines for all employees.
- Required all visitors to confirm through an acknowledgement letter whether they have, or have met anyone who has, travelled internationally. If so, arrangements must be made for the meeting to be conducted remotely or rescheduled.
- Provided training and support for our supervisors and employees to assist them in consistently applying our COVID-19 health and safety procedures.
We continue to monitor and implement all local, regional and international guidelines. Blackline’s team is committed to ensuring our ability to serve our customers through this challenging time as the situation continues to evolve.
About Blackline Safety: Blackline Safety is a global connected safety leader that helps to ensure every worker gets their job done and returns home safe each day. Blackline provides wearable safety technology, personal and area gas monitoring, cloud-connected software and data analytics to meet demanding safety challenges and increase productivity of organizations in more than 100 countries. Blackline Safety wearables provide a lifeline to tens of thousands of men and women, having reported over 100 billion data-points and initiated over five million emergency responses. Armed with cellular and satellite connectivity, we ensure that help is never too far away. For more information, visit BlacklineSafety.com and connect with us on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and Instagram.
Neither TSX Venture Exchange nor its Regulation Services Provider (as that term is defined in the policies of the TSX Venture Exchange) accepts responsibility for the adequacy or accuracy of this release.
Cody Slater, CEO
Telephone: +1 403 451 0327
Telephone: +1 904 398 5222
Cell phone: +1 386 216 9472