“We appreciate our colleagues at OSHA sharing their most recent data at our Celebration of the Century,” said National Safety Council President and CEO Janet Froetscher. “While great progress has been made in safety over the past 100 years, today’s presentation reminds us there is more to be done to make our workplaces safer.”
The Top 10 Cited Violations for the Fiscal Year 2012 are:
1) Fall Protection - General Requirements - 7, 250 Violations
2) Hazard Communication - 4,696 Violations
3) Scaffolding - 3,814 Violations
4) Respiratory Protection - 2,371 Violations
5) Ladders - 2,310 Violations
6) Machine Guarding - 2,097 Violations
7) Powered Industrial Trucks - 1,993 Violations
8) Electrical - Wiring Methods - 1,744 Violations
9) Lockout/Tagout - 1,572 Violations
10) Electrical - General Requirements- 1,332 Violations
Blackline's Loner solutions have value-added applications in nearly all of the above types of safety citations, and were designed specifically to improve employee safety management in regard to four of the top five citations.
Check out www.blacklinesafety.com for more information.
A finalized version of the report will be released in the NSC Safety+Health magazine in December.